• Starrest     【跟讀】Because I Could Not Stop For Death

    • Just for Fun

    • 片段讲解秀

    • from:《未知》

    165'



    Because I Could Not Stop For Death

    By Emily Dickinson



    Because I could not stop for Death,
    因我不能停候死神

    He kindly stopped for me;
    死神好意地停候我

    The carriage held but just ourselves
    馬車僅乘載祂與我

    And Immortality.
    外加上永生



    We slowly drove, he knew no haste,
    馬車緩緩地而行

    And I had put away
    死神知悉不趕忙

    My labor, and my leisure too,
    只因祂殷勤好禮

    For his civility.
    吾將作息置一旁



    We passed the school, where children strove 我們經過了學校

    At recess, in the ring;
    學童下課操場奔

    We passed the fields of gazing grain,
    我們經過佇立的稻田

    We passed the setting sun.
    我們經過落日



    Or rather, he passed us;
    寧說落日經過我們

    The dews drew quivering and chill,
    露水帶來了寒意

    For only gossamer my gown,
    只因吾衣服單薄

    My tippet only tulle.
    圍巾只是柔絲綢



    We paused before a house that seemed
    我們停於一屋前

    A swelling of the ground;
    猶如凸起之地面

    The roof was scarcely visible,
    屋頂幾乎看不見

    The cornice in the ground.
    隱藏於地下飛檐



    Since then ’tis centuries, and yet
    自該程後已數百年

    Feels shorter than the day
    感覺不比當日長久

    I first surmised the horses’ heads
    當初推測馬車頭

    Were toward eternity.
    朝永恆方向邁進


    跟衣爺讀

    致敬死亡

    致敬永生





















































    顺便 安利一首歌

    231'

    谢谢。

    1970-01-01   83赞       10踩       51596浏览 评论(29)
Starrest
女 女一号lv46

30439/31161

粉丝 859关注 276